ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
ANNE ARUNDEL RADIO CLUB, INC.
Approved and received for record by the State Department of Assessments and Taxation of Maryland, October 17, 1960, at 9:00 o’clock a.m. as in conformity
With law and ordered recorded
Recorded in Liber T 214, folio 174, one of the Charter Records of the State Department of Assessments and Taxation of Maryland,
Bonus Tax paid $20.00 Recording fee paid $10.00
To the clerk of the Circuit Court of Anne Arundel County
IT IS HEREBY CERTIFIED, that the within instrument, together with all endorsements thereon, has been received, approved and recorded by the State Department of Assessments and Taxation of Maryland.
AS WITNESS my hand and seal of the said Department at Baltimore.
//Notary signature and seal affixed, Dated 3-2-05//
(Begin Articles of Incorporation)
ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
Anne Arundel Radio Club, Inc.
THIS IS TO CERTIFY:
FIRST: That we, the subscribers, James H. Mills, Sr., Box 244 Route 1, Severna Park, Maryland, George A. Schmitt, 39 Chester Circle, Glen Burnie, Maryland, and Bernard Ransone, Route 1, Box 278, Edgewater, Maryland, all being of full legal age, do under and by virtue of the general laws of the State of Maryland authorizing the formation of Corporations, associate ourselves with the intention of forming a corporation.
SECOND: The name of the Corporation (which is hereinafter called a Corporation) is Anne Arundel Radio Club, Inc.
THIRD: The purpose of which and any of which the Corporation is formed and the objects to be carried on and promoted by it are as follows:
- To unite fraternally and for mutual benefit, protection, improvements and association, loyal American citizens of good moral character and of reasonable desire and ambition to improve themselves and willingness to help others;
- >To create and foster through educational facilities and publications or the media of radio or otherwise a spirit of generous consideration among the people of the world through a study of problems involving the freedom of speech, as it particularly reflects in the use of radio communications.
- To take active interest in the civic, commercial, social and moral welfare of the community;
- To encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards, not only in businesses and professions, but also the pursuit of the free use of technological developments in radio communications and allied components.
- To publish and circulate publications of any kind and description, principally concerning the use of radio communications. Which are not in conflict with laws regulating the circulation and publication of same.
- The Corporation shall be authorized to exercise and enjoy all the powers, rights, and privileges granted to or conferred upon the corporations of a similar character by the general laws of the State of Maryland, now or hereafter enforced and the enumeration of the forgoing powers shall not be deemed to exclude any powers, rights or privileges, so granted or conferred;
- The duly elected officers and directors shall act in the course of their authority without benefit of remuneration of any type or kind, representing salaries or other payments.
FOURTH: The Corporation is formed for the purpose of mutual aid and cooperation and the accomplishments of the aims and objectives herein above set forth and is not organized for profit. The Corporation shall be non-stock and no dividends shall be declared, nor any assets distributed at any time to the members thereof.
FIFTH: The principal office of said Corporation in the State of Maryland will be located at Box 24, Route 1, Severna park, Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
SIXTH: The resident agent of the Corporation is James H. Mills, Sr., Box 244, Route 1, Severna Park, Anne Arundel County, Maryland and actually resides therein.
SEVENTH: The Corporation shall have a Board of Directors of not less than 3, and James H. Mills, Sr., George A. Schmitt, and Bernard Ransone shall act as such until the annual meeting or until their successors are duly chosen and qualified.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, we have signed these Articles of Incorporation on 14th day of October, 1960.
//signatures of the three officers on the original//
WITNESS: //signatures listed on original//
STATE OF MARYLAND:
COUNTY OF Anne Arundel, as:
I HEREBY CERTIFY, that on the 15th day of October, 1960, before me the subscriber, a Notary Public of the State of Maryland in and for the County of Anne Arundel, personally appeared James H. Mills, Sr., George A. Schmitt and Bernard Ransone and severally acknowledged the foregoing Articles of Incorporation to be their act.
WITNESS my hand and notarial seal, the day and year last above written.
//signature and seal of notary public on original//